Saturday, August 16, 2008

The weekend update

After the migraine from Hell on Thursday (thank you sooo much Dr. B, Kim and Kristin) I have recovered from my coma and am back in action.

Jack boy is still using the potty. He let's us know when he has to go (only #2) by saying "SHOO!". He has a cold right now--but it's just that. A cold. I pray that we will continue to avoid antibiotics.

Some close family and friends got together last night for Melanie's last night in the 'boro...for a while, anyways. We went to a Japanese (shocker) restaurant. Jean and I pretty much chased Jack around all night. I got to talk to Janice some, which was nice as I have not seen her in quite a while. I didn't get much of a chance to talk to Melanie. Hoperfully, she will get with the program soon and get on G-Talk so we can keep in touch better.

Which reminds me...Mom and Dad moved a MILLION things to her dorm today. Don't they make you move all that stuff back out at Christmas? That is gonna suck.

We went to see Melia today for her second birthday. She and Jaelyn were too cute in their matching bathing suits and flip-flops. Miranda has done an awesome job decorating the girl's rooms and new baby Ainsley's (sp?) room. Marshall has put up a fence and put together a really nice swing set for the kiddos. It was too cute--2 big girl swings and a baby swing. It was hilarious watching Alexa and Jack riding together in the pink Jeep while "You can't hide those lying eyes" was jamming out on the little Jeep radio. They are both so blonde headed and they both know EXACTLY what they want--and that's all there is to it. Come to think of it, I think all the little cousins are that way. They are all very self-assured independent little people. I think that's a good thing although we may be in for trouble in 10 years or so...

We went to dinner with the Badem's and one of the drug reps tonight. It was a nice (free) meal with good company. It's always cool to hang out with the B's but I really liked the reps too. Most reps are so in your faace--and these 2 ( a married couple) are on the same page. It was pretty awesome.

I am reading Everything is Illuminated. I have watched the movie several times and "find it a most premium show". The book is lacking. I, like most people, find that books are generally better than the movies--but certainly not in this case. The book and movie are night and day. Completely different. And that's fine--but even being different it's a bit wordy. Kinda like this post, huh?

No comments: