Friday, October 19, 2007

Thank God it's Friday....and over!

I'm not even sure where to start tonite. I guess the beginning might be the most "sensical" place.

Woke up this morning and went to work. Left the boys at home. No, not Jack and Murphy but COLE and Murphy. Cole is my friend Kim's Boxer and Murphy LOVES him. Like real love. They spent every day at Pet Safari (shakes fist) together. In case this blog pops up when you search the word Pet Safari---the owner sucks.

Anyways, the day was typical for me. Apparently it was NOT so typical for our friend, Dane. He is a vegetarian and was served a hamburger after requesting a Boca Burger at Red Robin (shakes fist again). Needless to say, he was given the correct plate AFTER the fact. Jerks wouldn't even refund his money! They gave him a gift card like he'll EVER go back.

Back on task here. We went to pick up Jack at daycare and Jean-Paul mentioned that Jack was the only baby there today so they put him in the big kids room. The big kids are only a year or 2 old and Jack will be moving to that room in a few weeks since he is crawling now. I thought that was probably exciting for Jack since he loves to watch other kids. He may have liked it BEFORE 9:30 this morning BEFORE he was bit by some brat. That's right. My kid was bitten at daycare at 7 months old. An age where he doesn't know how to get away, retaliate or even move his arm. I think I know the kid that bit him as she has also bit other children. Her parents are clearly geniuses because they took away her paci cold turkey during daycare hours and let's her have it at night. Isn't that considerate of them? So she takes out her frustrations on Jack and other kids and her parents don't even deal with it. Nice.

But here is the icing on the cake. Jack was crying as we walked out the door, It was an "I'm uncomfortable cry". My first thought was "Well, I WAS just poking at his battle wound" then I figured he was tired. As we pull out of the parking lot JP goes nuts for me to turn around ASAP because he is going to KILL someone at daycare. This is the ONLY information he gives me as Jack is screaming, he is yelling and I am on a busy road. It's a miracle I didn't drive in to a ditch. Turns out that J-Man had a chunk of plastic in his mouth and JP fished it out.

I called daycare (after a professional consult with Kim) and told them that we had found the plastic and that they needed to find the broken toy or whatever it was. We also discussed the bite mark, lack of phone call, and him being in the "big kid" room. The excitement never ends.

Daycare is great 99.9% of the time. He is 7 months old and could have put that in his mouth just as easily under my care. But even Murphy doesn't bite.



Pictures to follow (in the morning).

No comments: