Monday, December 1, 2008

SOOOOOO TIRED!

What a crappy day at work--though I am glad to be back. I certainly paid for my long weekend. I got over 75 phone calls and it was just NOT possible to return them all. Some days my job requires 2 people. It's not possible to answer that many calls (some needed prior auths for meds with their insurance company, a letter written, a referral to be made, labs to discuss, other tests to schedule, etc) and pull back 20 pts Then add in all the injections, all the EKGS, doing paps and rectals, strep tests, flu tests, STD tests, opening cysts and boils, bursitis injections, paperwork for all the pre-certs and MRI/CT scheduling. etc today and it was CRAZY!. Also all the pts that walk in to "just ask a quick question"-in medicine it's never "quick".omewhere in there is a lunch break. Oh-wait. No, there's not. I rarely leave before 5. I need a vacation.

No comments: