Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

We are thankful for (in no particular order):

1. Amazing friends. During Jack's hospital stay we had so many friends call or come by to visit. Kim spoiled Jack like crazy. Kristin called me every day. Denali and Tanna came to visit. Ginger and Chris came by and came by the house a few days later. They even got our KIA running by replacing the battery! I told them not to do it--but they certainly have a mind of their own and heart that just keeps giving. Kris came by to visit too. He is like a third parent so it just made Jack's day! Dr. B came by and donated her doctor badge to us so that we could break in to the doctors lounge for food and drinks. Taylor and Spencer came by and totally lightened the mood. I thought I might need to give Spence a Tetanus shot after he decided to climb under the hospital cots and bang his head on the metal underneath--but instead he left with a good ole frog to the shoulder full of love.

2.Amazing family. My parents and JPs parents came by everyday, multiple times a day. Our parents took time off work to help babysit Jack for us. We stayed at their house when we felt insecure and needed a hand. They were always there. Matt literally took the shirt off his back for us and we still have not returned his ONLY pillow that he let us bum. Kara and Bobby came by to visit a few times and so did Melanie. I got multiple emails from family inquiring about the J-Man too.

3.Amazing bosses. My bosses never said ONE WORD about me missing 3 weeks of work, basically. They called us to see if we needed anything but NEVER put on the pressure to be back at work any sooner than we needed or was ready for. I am so lucky to work with such great people. I am so lucky to have such great managers. I am so lucky to like (and even love some) of my co-workers. I am so lucky that I never dread my job. As for JP's job--they brought a basket of goodies for Jack that he loved and very much needed. It was full of toys and books that were perfect for sitting in a hospital bed for 4 days. JP asked if he needed to fill out FMLA papers to protect his job and his bosses said not to worry about that. How awesome is that? They are wonderful people. His bosses came by to visit at one point. Did I mention that he works with Ginger? From here on out I will refer to her as "GTG"...Ginger the Great!

Oh! We had an insurance issue too. Like, a BIG problem. Like a $50,000.00 problem. Thanks to a buddy in Human Resources that was all squared away. THANK GOD!

4. Great medical professionals. Even though we had to have emergency surgery--we have had great doctors, great nurses, great techs, great pt services/ billing people (shocking, huh?) and even decent hospital food! A hospital is not the Hilton. It is there for healing. By the time we left I was a little burned out-but it was a very positive experience.

5. Jack's health. He must be a pretty sturdy kid. He almost bled to death a week ago today and yet we went to Chuck E. Cheese tonight! What the what? What a spectacular kid.

6. I am thankful we are getting a room mate. I am not so sure that Kris feels that mutually but I am very happy about it.

7. I have the coolest dog on the planet. No offense. Let me back that up a hair--Ellie May, Cole, Cooper and Murphy are the coolest dogs on the planet.

8. To be continued...........

No comments: