Saturday, August 9, 2008

A gold star kinda day

Let's start with Jean and I got to sleep until noon. Ahhhhhhhhhhh....
Followed with picking up a very happy baby at Grandma and Nanna's house. After he pee-pee'd (yes, he did and yes, I said "pee-pee'd) in the potty we left to run over to the Pipe Shop. Jack visited with Dan and Aunt Kaye and Uncle Big. He really had a blast hitting everyone with a fly-swatter (somebody should discipline that kid).
Right after that we went to the Discovery Center here in the 'boro. Wow. It is WAY cooler than Adventure Science Museum in Nashville (known to us oldies as the Cumberland Science Museum) and also quite a bit cheaper. We checked out the frogs and turtles. We played in water. We ran around until the place closed. Discovery Center is located on protected Wetlands so we went on a little tour by ourselves and it was pretty awesome. There are lots of bridges ( it is the wetlands) and Jack has recently mastered "ready, set, go!" so we raced everywhere. Thank goodness it was such a beautiful day with a cool breeze and lots of shade.
We decided to run by Toot's for dinner. It's a family oriented place with a lot of noise. Perfect for a child preparing for the terrible twos. Turns out Jack loves fried dill pickle chips. His meal was free and included ice-cream and a balloon. Hello 17 month old bliss! Now, at this point Jack was EXHAUSTED and started dosing off at the table. It was hilarious. He actually wanted me to hold him and cuddle him he was so tired.
After we got in the van he got his second wind (was it Dora?). We had a gift card left over from his birthday to the Peanut Toy Gallery (thanks to Rissy, Bobby, Adrien and Zaelyn (??) ) for his first birthday. Jack picked out an old school "horse on a stick". He was GLUED to it and it was EXACTLY the price of the gift card.
We came home shortly after and played outside a bit. Jack lost his balloon but seemed to find it reasonable that the balloon's mom had called him home for dinner and he just had to go. No tears. No biggie. After coming in the house JP asked Jack if he needed to potty and Jack indicate that he did--and VOILA! Poopy in the potty.

So here I am discussing poopy, a word I would have never used 2 years ago. I'm telling you what we ate for dinner. Pretty sure these are some of the first signs of getting old. I've noticed elderly people obsess over BMs and what they have had to eat in the last 24 hours. I know this because I get the details Monday through Friday. I suppose it is a natural progression and will only get worse.

I was going to have an "adult night" next Friday but my Mom has decided to schedule a last minute "Going away Party" for my sister. Boo to not getting to go out--but yay for Melanie. I am not sure how my family will function with her not being home. She is pretty much my mom's entire world. She is very proud of Melanie and so am I. I know she will be a success.

Back to rambling....I'm gonna go ;)

No comments: