Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jack's new friend connor.

Our friends (Brad and Carrie) are due to have a little boy in May. Carrie and I are meeting up tomorrow to visit our daycare and see if she approves of it for the Connor-Man. I really hope she likes it and that she gets a good first impression. I remember how scary it was dropping him off, or even imagining dropping him off at daycare the first few weeks. I wondered if he would lay there and cry and be ignored? Would they feed him when he was hungry or just at the teacher's convenience? Would he have a flat head from being a "crib baby"? I cried and cried over it.
I was so lucky to have my friend Kim experience our daycare before me. She was there to reassure me (she's been there for me since our first pregnancy to present). Her daughter, Emily, turned out to be a very happy, healthy and smart toddler and Jack has too. He has never (knock on wood) been crying or shown signs of crying when I pick him up. Even at 3 months old he was always being rocked, being fed, swinging, being read to or sleeping when I arrived. They even took him outside as an infant because they were observant enough to see that he loved it.
I hope Carrie sees the good in our daycare and I hope she is able to handle the transition better than I did! Although, I think all moms go through this.
It will be so cool to watch Connor grow up with Jack and his other friends Emily, Kayla and Carter. It's also nice to be tight with other parents whos kids go there. We all make surprise visits and check in on one anothers kids-they never know when we're coming and we have eyes everywhere!

No comments: