Tuesday, September 8, 2009

when does the weekend start?

This has been one busy but great weekend. I'll try to break it down for ya.

Friday:
Dinner with the family at Chef Wang's. When I say family I am referring to the Jarboes (including Uncle Bob, Cathy, Ellen and Jesse), Orths (all 3:) ), Aunt Kay Wimsatt, Elisa and Ainsley, Suzy and Megan, Matt and Bobby (isn't that cute that I lumped them?) and my little family. We confused the waiter to no end since we all jumped table to table but he was a good sport.

Saturday:
My mom kept Jack for us so that we could go out on the boat with Uncle Bob, Kathy and daugter, Ellen. Pictures will be posted soon. Tubing on a make shift tube and nearly dying of gas fumes make for comical shots. As for who was the most skilled tuber? Combo of Jesse and JP. That being said, Uncle Bob lasted the longest and should get a blue ribbon for surviving the gas fumes alone.
After boating all day we picked up Jack and headed ove rto dinner with the Price's. Man can Debbie make an awesome salad. Does that make me old that I say things like that???

Sunday:
Breakfast at the Jarboe's. Kara made it and was doing well. We even went shopping for a bit.
We hosted a suprise party for Kris' dad's birthday in the afternoon. Kris did a great job on the party and his family was great! It's nice to be surrounded by family and dog lovers. Jack was super comfortable with everyone and he made new friends. Tim truly appeared surprised and that is always a bonus. Kris really did a great job.

Monday:
JP and I decided to attempt boting solo. We packed up the van (including Murphy) and took off to Tim's Ford. It was a bit stessful trying to gas up--but once we started going it was awesome. Jack even took a nap on a float in the back of the pontoon. It was a little rainy and dark--but we have a cover so it was perfect.
After we got home we made dinner (and I attempted chopping off the tip of my finger) and JP's parents came over to eat. It was a nice ending to a super busy-yet fun weekend.

Today has not shown any signs of slowing but I dont think that is a bad thing. I'd prefer to stay busy than clock watch.

If I have time I will load some pics tonight!

No comments: