Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Love bite??

I thought we were past biting. Jack has bit me. Jack has bit JP. Jack has been bit at daycare. Lesson learned, right? Wrong.
Jack was bit twice last week bt the same kid. Amazingly when daycare called the boys mom and told her he would be suspended for a week and she would have to take off work--he (thus far) has quit biting. His mom is a teacher so the kid was out all summer. Guess he didn't re-adjust to daycare well.
Back on subject.
He has not bit since being a chew toy...until tonight. He was throwing a FABULOUS terrible 2 (despite turning 18 months this week) fit this afternoon and decided to bite the back of my leg. Forget the fact that my thigh is obviously flabby enough to bite--it HURT! My first reaction was to "pop" whatever stung me (I didn't even see him coming) and I got him on the shoulder. He was shirtless and it caught his attention. It didn't even leave a red mark-but for the moment it has seemed to help.
He lost his mind over the incident-which just kills you as a parent. However, when I was feeding him dinner later on he leaned in to my lap and opened his mouth on my leg again-and all I said was "Jack--don't you bite me" and he pulled back and looked at me--followed with a hug.

I just PRAY not to get the "your kid is suspended for a week" call. I fully expect this at 17, but no at 17 months!

We went out with the Bolton's, Channing and Michael this weekend. It's more than I have drank in a while. Mango Margaritas are the BEST! A good time was had by all.

Melanie stayed the night with us Saturday. That was pretty cool. Looks like we will be visiitng her this weekend at Freed if we are able to get a room.

We went to the lake with Kris, Kara, JP's parents and the Price's on Monday. We were all a little sun burned but it was a really relaxing day. Well, I relaxed--JP and Kris were busy jumping off the side of a moving boat. Go figure.

Other than that things have been good aside from a cold JP and I had. Jack has been health but tempermental (not a shock). JP and I have been very busy at work. I'm pretty sure Jack said "Uncle Kris" tonight when Kris pulled in the driveway. It wasn't that clear of course. But I am 99% sure that was his goal.
He's still using the potty in combination with diapers. It's a fairly consistent life. ;)

No comments: