Thursday, March 6, 2008

Goodbye infant, Hello Toddler

1 year ago from this minute I think I was complaining to a nurse in the L&D about my back hurting. I didn't realize it was labor even though I had heard of back labor before. It sucked, as you can imagine or have experienced.

So at 7:39 tomorrow morning, Jack will have been with us for a year. He finally got "outta mah belly" as Susan at work liked to say to him everyday for 9 months. Parts of me (the tired part) feel like he's been here forever, parts of me can't remember anything pre-Jack-William, and the last part feels like he was born yesterday.

I ran in to a patient this morning who came to visit us the day after Jack was born. She is an elderly (though you wouldn't know it) black lady with long red nails and awesomely large hats. She likes wearing animal print shoes. She came in our room and prayed over Jack and sang him a song from her church. It was an incredible experience. I remember thinking "Kid, you are going to have one interesting life".

My little man is 1. Nuts.

So Beth and Kevin are here with the kids. The kids are amazing. Jack could just sit and just watch them play. I am so glad he is spending time with his cousins. Jack is a very lucky kid. He has a HUGE HUGE HUGE family with TONS of cousins. Several of them are within weeks to months of his age. Family is so important to me, but since Jack it has become so much more. I am glad he got to meet cousins Ramyah, Jasyah, and Tykese (sp?).

And with that I will go to bed. Tonight, unlike a year ago, I am gonna SLEEP!

New photos on sunday!

No comments: