Thursday, December 27, 2007

These are my friends...See how they glisten...

So Rachel, Kris and I went to see the Sweeney Todd this weekend. All I can say is WOW! The Tim Burton, Johnny Depp combo never disappoints. It may be the bloodiest movie I've ever seen, but it's oddly not really scary or disturbing. I think the music had a lot to do with that, and also the blood looked a lot like wax.

The music of Stephen Sondheim was incredible. It seems strange to me that I've never really listened to the music of a guy who has won an Academy Award, multiple Tony Awards (seven, more than any other composer), multiple Grammy Awards, and a Pulitzer. I mean the guy wrote the lyrics for West Side Story for craps sake! I know this sounds really lame but it really moved me.

Bottom line, this is an amazing movie and you should definitely do yourself a favor and go see it.

Valholla!

No comments: