Wednesday, November 28, 2007

9 months already? Here's an extra long post in honor:

Well, not exactly--but next week Jack will be 9 months old. He had his check-up today and is doing well. He weighs 26.13 lbs and is 33 1/4 inches long. He's in the 97th percentile for both. However, his head is in the 5oth percentile. How funny is that? I seem to remember cousin Wyatt's stats being very similar. 2 big handsome gentlemen.
He had his second flu shot and cried for about 30 seconds. I know mine burned like crazy this year and got kinda uncomfortable. I sympathize. He had labs drawn too. They were making sure he was not anemic (typical 9 month labs) and checked his white blood cells to make sure he did not have an infection (since he has had this crappy cough for about 6 months). Dr. Harrison called JP and told him he thinks it's viral and to give it another week. What's a week after 6 months???
I just lost my train of thought....what I was getting at is how well Jack took the finger stick. Shelly did the actual sticking while Jane distracted him. She "pinched" his leg at the same time Shelly stuck his finger so he was COMPLETELY distracted. Not a tear. Then he got a sucker--of course he LOVED that. Then there was the super cool blue band aide. He was not happy that I took it off before getting in the car. I could just see him sucking it right off his finger and down his throat.

Before Jack my main priority would be telling you about our new home. Now it's an after thought. Maybe it still has not sunk in yet--I'm sure it will when we get our first house note. JP and I are gonna try and get our refrigerator (thanks, Jules), our bed, Jack's crib, and a few other necessities tonight. We took several boxes to the house last night so it is a royal mess. I'll have pictures posted soon. We have our internet turned on tomorrow!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I'm excited to see your new house!!